'ello! First time full timer here. Bit of a leap but WTF.

fanofatan

200w, that's good, your solar installer will fit a solar controller, MPPT controllers are more expensive but are meant to look after your batteries better than the cheaper PWM controllers, make sure the installer fits a controller with a display that gives you all the parameters you need to monitor your system
Solar panels fitted flat on our roofs don't capture the sun that well, a lot of full times fit hinges and legs to their panels so they can tilt them towards the sun when they are parked up

Last edited:

BigMomma

You’re a diamond, BigMomma.
‘Tis true not in possession yet. The gentleman working on her (Birdie) is going to explain everything to me when done and ready.
Soon, everything will be clear. The road will be open. The world my oyster. View attachment 2605View attachment 2605
I have been called many things, but 'Diamond' has never been one of them :D

chrisjones18

Change all bulbs to led, batteries last a hell of a lot longer. 12 volt telly if you watch one. I have 2 invertors which i no longer use as the darn things wont run ghd hair straighteners (not mine by the way)
The diesel webasto eats into the leisure battery on start up.
2x100w panels and 1x100 amp hr battery with a mppt controller (it only needs daylight to work) Yamaha generator which has not been needed yet though we have had ehu for most if the winter
DIAMOND, :D rough diamond more like....

coolasluck

Right. You have me worried now. A single 200 watt panel was recommended by my local Caravan/Motorhome service yard. That is being fitted now to my Auto Sleeper Amethyst having explained my requirements.
Tell me, please, how long I can remain parked before I need to go for a drive to top up the leisure battery and how far. Approximately.
Thanks

I have 720 watts of solar with 675 amps of batts.For four years with winters abroad we were self sufficient.This year in u.k with weeks of rain and heavy cloud we hook up on sites until sun is higher.Having said that we wanted to park up for 2 to 3 weeks at a time

BigMomma

I have 720 watts of solar with 675 amps of batts.For four years with winters abroad we were self sufficient.This year in u.k with weeks of rain and heavy cloud we hook up on sites until sun is higher.Having said that we wanted to park up for 2 to 3 weeks at a time
Good to hear that you are back on the road again :thumb:

Adverts