Dundreamin !!

BigMomma

We put our house on the Market on 5th June, tonight we accepted an offer on it for the full asking price and have agreed a completion date of 28th September. Sharon has already handed in her notice and finishes work at the end of July and I will be handing my notice in within the next week or two to finish technically at end of October (I wanted to complete another full year on my pension), however, my boss has agreed to let me carry over enough annual leave so that I will actually finish work on Friday 27th September :thumb:. We will be using my MIL's address as our UK contact address. So, we will be fulltimers as from Saturday 28th September and will be very shortly after that be making our way South for our first winter in Spain :D:D:D

vwalan

well done . the house must have been priced right . well i can offer a bolt hole if you need a place to stop . so . this is it . i shall have to stop taking micky now . hee hee .
hopefully catch you somewhere if you dont get here . we hope to be on ferry early november . .
its a big world out there yet its getting smaller all the time . so is it xmas on the beach?
we think it wont be so far down this year . but never know might be in maroc if weather is crap.
do you have a plan like ours ?
there is no plan .
good luck . he who dares wins .

BigMomma

Well let's just say that we made a small profit on what we paid for it 6 years ago ;) We would have been happy to have accepted what we paid for it and our financial strategy was calculated around that figure so we are now a bit better off than we anticipated :thumb: The only plan is to hand over the house keys on Saturday 28th September and then make our way to the Ferry. We have the Credit Note from Brittany Ferries from last year's cancelled holiday so will use that to travel either from Portsmouth-Bilbao or Plymouth-Santander. Will probably mosey on down through Portugal Oct-Nov and get into Southern Spain by no later than beginning of December and that is as far as our planning is going :D 14 Weeks and counting, Retirement here we come :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

coolasluck

Hi B.M well done mate:thumb:
Christ you have been moving fast,i have a mix of emotions here,one of dead chuffed for you and the other of envy.
:D
I suppose it is not a race to hit the road we will just be later than yourselves:( loads to do as always.
I this evening just to make you laugh took the corner bumper of my coach scratched the rear side panel and smashed a lens reversing again:(.We have just been to have our lpg tank fitted and it all works wonderfully along with our grill,so that is at least one job out of the way,looking to have the water sorted with heating at the end of july.

We would loved to have beaten you to the road eric you can now rub alans nose in it now and at least you are a proper fulltimer:rofl:

coolasluck

as an aside b.m i bet you regret buying that d.f.s furniture now dont you:p

BigMomma

as an aside b.m i bet you regret buying that d.f.s furniture now dont you:p
You are dead right mate :rolleyes: when we bought it we were not thinking of retirement for another 4 years !! Then we revised to March 2014 but hey, someone will buy it and then anything we get for it will go into our travel fund, we are selling up completely so quite a bit of furniture to sell, we know we will not get a lot for it but to be honest we have a mindset now where these things are just material possessions and so any money we do get from them are just extra coffers into our travel fund :thumb: No need to be envious matey, your time will come when you are good and ready and your coach will be finished to just how you want it. We will have to meet up once you hit the road and have a bit of a party to celebrate :) You know like many other on here that this is not us doing something on a whim, it has been 2 years in the planning and the re-planning and the re-planning :rofl::rofl: so if we are not ready now then we will never be ready. It is a weird feeling for us too, elation to the N'th degree tempered with some nervous apprehension :confused: The downside, we have taken the last minute decision to cancel our 4 week summer trip as there is a lot to do and the 14 weeks will fly by. The money we save (although ticket is non-refundable) will just be added to our other travel coffers so the first part of our trip may allow for some added luxuries for the first couple of weeks, stuff like soap, toothpaste, shower gel :rofl::rofl::rofl:

coolasluck

As a celebration i will put up some piccys of my coach;)

coolasluck

oh bugger it was too large

coolasluck

ive done it before as well,christ even alan can do it:rolleyes:

coolasluck

A damn nuisance is this :(

coolasluck

sgtrgdfgdfgdf

coolasluck

sorry i only know how to do these one at a time,this is the sofa which is lovely and confy but we were not 100 percent happy with finish but hey ho

coolasluck

coolasluck

Under the bench seat are 3 compartments with plenty of storage,which in itself lifts off to reveal batteries a calorifyer and webasto and the thermotop,well eventually there are loads of finishing of touches to do including having to resort out the carpet on the ceiling as the glue hasnt taken well :rolleyes: i may just add some strips to help keep it up:D

coolasluck

this is the raised bedroom which has storage underneath in 4 compartments.
The bed was really great and comfy when we were away at the start of this week,my only problem was a had a horrendous tooth problem that was really painful and kept me awake all night.I had to visit the dentists next morning as i the pain had been getting worse.My wife was in charge of the colour scheme;)

Adverts