dont know what to do

help still new to this .How do we get the most from solar panels,it would be nice if i could get enough power from them to operate 240 v tv. we,ve got nothing yet, just trying to get it all sussed . Ithank you all in antisipation for your wisdom and expertese :thumbdown:

pelmetman & pelmetlady

Ebay your tv and hopefully Morrisons have still got some £99 Techwood tv's which will work of 12volt although they only supply a 240 plug which you can use via an inverter............or get a straight 12 volt lead from Ebay £12.50...............It has Freeview and DVD, and loads of other stuff that I don't have a clue about:confused:

vwalan

if you have enough panels and batteries the sky is the limit. i have 6x 80wt panels 800amp battery bank , works 240v fridge tv video. 240v washing machine . could power spin dryer. also use foodmixers etc. will power drills grinders . all through a 2kw inverter . also use a 300wt inverter powered by the 24v truck battery in the cab ideal for smaller items or powering the walkie talkies.
at home i conect an extension lead to the main inverter and power the fridge and the seperate deep freeze for most of the summer. not so good after september. but as i normally go south all works fine.
doent like a micro wave too much but have powered the one at home a few times.
i find 3 x80wt panels fit lovely across the roof of the trailer. havent used the ehu ever while away. thought i might on french aires but never needed to.never use prison sorry i mean campsites.

vwalan

steve if you are in devon come down have a gander . another of my mates is on his way some time soon from fort william. he as more panels than me. he as a purple ex prison truck . uses the hatches as sloping fixings for some panels . depends how we park. he will be across the water in november .we very often travel together as we usually go the same places. i,m gonna freeze here this winter. ha ha .

vwalan

say when . i,m home most weekends . home tomorrow. give a call on 07971962361. you just missed one mate he left on thurs morning . but gary will be here next door i think with the man.
ring when you wantb to come .

Adverts