Council Tax and Full Timers

BigMomma

It isn't that I disagree with some (although not all) of the points that have been expressed; however, there are numerous forums where the Motorhome issues get lost by those who hijack threads to vent personal, racist and political views. I was rather hoping that this forum would be different but alas it is not shaping up that way. Perhaps there should be a separate section on the forum for general topics. Not trying to prevent 'freedom of speech or opinion' but where this detracts from the original thread it can get frustrating.

BARNYBG

Quite right,but of no use to this cause or Association ?Many 'British' hard working 'free thinking'people are saying the same but are being called... RACIST,usually by the people whomWE are talking about,also the 'doo-gooders' or 'last years' newcomer to the UK shores.There have been newspaper articles in bulgaria,romania and poland,refering to the 'ease of claiming' and 'especially if you have children' even though NOT in the UK,you can claim!!!Of course having a child or children in the UK (quite easy) makes them...British and allows the 'family' to stay..and so it goes on.

BigMomma

Quite right,but of no use to this cause or Association ?Many 'British' hard working 'free thinking'people are saying the same but are being called... RACIST,usually by the people whomWE are talking about,also the 'doo-gooders' or 'last years' newcomer to the UK shores.There have been newspaper articles in bulgaria,romania and poland,refering to the 'ease of claiming' and 'especially if you have children' even though NOT in the UK,you can claim!!!Of course having a child or children in the UK (quite easy) makes them...British and allows the 'family' to stay..and so it goes on.
Yup ! I am sure you are right, but what exactly has that got to do with the thread title of Council Tax and fulltiming?

BARNYBG

Sorry BigMomma,just answering previous posts (on the other page) and to some degree,stating where and how council tax is spent,but nothing to do with full-timing,and how we can solve the problem of NOT paying OR paying,who,why and what we should pay.
I think some members are stating why they should pay,while living 'on the road' while taxpayers money is mis-spent.
I will re-read through the thread to see your answers to the post and question.

BARNYBG

Perhaps sometimes it is a good idea to have a rant now and again, I do it quite often these days. However, rants have a tendency to state things that are not always factual in their content e.g. "tackling real crime does not make the system money". Oh yes it does, in fact quite a lot of money under the 'Proceeds of Crime Act'. Criminals assets can be confiscated (monetary or otherwise) and disposed of (sold, auctioned) and the capital raised goes in to the Treasury Coffers. Literaly hundreds of thousand of pounds goes to the Govt in this way each year and guess what, the Police who have done all the hard work don't get a penny !!
Having re-read the thread ,you are right,What has this(above) have to do with Council Tax and the Fulltimer......and please read my other posts regarding .....council tax. :rolleyes:

I see you haven't given an answer to the question,just a jibe at me.

BigMomma

Having re-read the thread ,you are right,What has this(above) have to do with Council Tax and the Fulltimer......and please read my other posts regarding .....council tax. :rolleyes:

I see you haven't given an answer to the question,just a jibe at me.
No, not a jibe at you personally just generally about the points of some threads that get lost because they get used by others to vent on other issues. Apologies, no offence intended ;)

creativeglenn

The proceeds of crime act is a farse unaudited & nothing more than a legal mafia.
Take speed camera's its stealing from the people and its our tax money that bought the things.
So do I get the money made from them?
No do I heck.
Racist?
IM racist for objecting to Islamic people protesting against our troops they dont bother to learn English so more tax money has to be spent on translation services but they are not racist?
They have plenty to say in Asda in fluent English parading around in their daft masks insulting my culture of freedom even further.
Laughably some are even born here and know full well such outrage in an Islamic country would result in death.
Try living in an area where you get called white shit or English Mo Fo and see how your perspective sits then.
Its all relevent as its why I live in a motorhome so I can live in the middle of no where and get away from it all.
''Proceeds of crime act'' what a middle class answer/notion.
Do you seriously think that money gets seen by the tax payer?
It gets spent on weapons and the goverments other illegal activities or dont you think such things exist.
I work for my money so its mine why the hell should I give it away and be treated as an economic slave.
I talk plainly and dont appologise for it.
IM happy to pay for what I use but I get to manage it not some idiot.
If I want the Police fine I will pay for the call out but why should I pay a blanket fee for a service that never comes when called where I live you just get a crime number.
So Ive paid for a crime number to give to an insurance firm that gives me the run around!
Hence the shoot them perspective.
No sorry Im not paying council tax or any other tax that I can avoid Ive had enough.

fgf

That's because you live in a country where they won't arrest you, beat you, or jail you for your inflammatory comments. You're free to have these half-thought out rants in a most inappropriate place without fear of Govt reprisal.

As I asked before, have you ever written to your MP about this or joined an action group to try to change things? Or are you the Sun's New-Age Ragged Trousered Philanthropist?

If you have the passion why not use it for effective change? Telling us is one thing, forming your opinions and developing a strategy from them is another. Many impassioned people have gained success from challenging something they disagreed with, Emmeline Pankhurst for instance?

Reactions: Tim

sundowners

This thread is about council tax---------the law does not demand that we pay-------so we will go along with the law

vwalan

always be a law abiding citizen . . try my best to be law abiding . there are enough laws to cover every thing discused on here but the trouble is most get interpreted wrong and implemented incorrectly . we dont need any more . cheers alan.

BigMomma

The proceeds of crime act is a farse unaudited & nothing more than a legal mafia.
Take speed camera's its stealing from the people and its our tax money that bought the things.
So do I get the money made from them?
No do I heck.
Racist?
IM racist for objecting to Islamic people protesting against our troops they dont bother to learn English so more tax money has to be spent on translation services but they are not racist?
They have plenty to say in Asda in fluent English parading around in their daft masks insulting my culture of freedom even further.
Laughably some are even born here and know full well such outrage in an Islamic country would result in death.
Try living in an area where you get called white shit or English Mo Fo and see how your perspective sits then.
Its all relevent as its why I live in a motorhome so I can live in the middle of no where and get away from it all.
''Proceeds of crime act'' what a middle class answer/notion.
Do you seriously think that money gets seen by the tax payer?
It gets spent on weapons and the goverments other illegal activities or dont you think such things exist.
I work for my money so its mine why the hell should I give it away and be treated as an economic slave.
IM happy to pay for what I use but I get to manage it not some idiot.
If I want the Police fine I will pay for the call out but why should I pay a blanket fee for a service that never comes when called where I live you just get a crime number.
So Ive paid for a crime number to give to an insurance firm that gives me the run around!
Hence the shoot them perspective.
No sorry Im not paying council tax or any other tax that I can avoid Ive had enough.
Your first two sentences show quite evidently that you do not have a clue what you are talking about (The Proceeds of Crime Act has got nothing to do with Speed Cameras) so I will not atempt to try and enter in to any discussion with you. There are lots of opinions expressed on this and other forums and they make for good rational debates. I am afraid that you just sound like a very angry person with one opinion, your own. One day, you may find your valhalla, I hope so, you sound as if you need to calm down before you give yourself a heart attack.

cipro

So am I right in saying that when I travell for a year I cancel my council take tell them I am traveling and who rent my house will pay it instead, although I still own the property.
I come back after a year or less reinsure-new road tax-mot stop a few weeks to visit family and friends, then go again, europe I mean, seems ok but is this the case.............

Landy Lover

It is the person living in the house that pays and is responsible for the council tax unless it is included in the rent as a part of the contract in which case the payments would come from the owner. You should still be able to register yourself on the register of voters though if you wish. However I believe it is your responsibility to advise the local authority who is responsible otherwise you will still be responsible if there is no tenant then the responsibilty

John and Joan

So am I right in saying that when I travell for a year I cancel my council take tell them I am traveling and who rent my house will pay it instead, although I still own the property.
I come back after a year or less reinsure-new road tax-mot stop a few weeks to visit family and friends, then go again, europe I mean, seems ok but is this the case.............
Your vehicle must be taxed and insured including current MOT to be legal anywhere in the EU. Max stay out of UK less than 12 months otherwise the vehicle is considered perminently exported.

cipro

Thanks for the replies, so I will tax and get a new mot before we go and return on the 11th hour:cool:
Also we you book the ferry do you have a one way or a return date?????????hmm these questions seem a bit basic sorry about that.

John and Joan

Thanks for the replies, so I will tax and get a new mot before we go and return on the 11th hour:cool:
Also we you book the ferry do you have a one way or a return date?????????hmm these questions seem a bit basic sorry about that.
We just book singles as we don't ever have a date to return.

John and Joan

We just book singles as we don't ever have a date to return.
Check your insurance as some have limits as to how long you can be out of the UK on any one trip. We have full timing insurance with Comfort that allows us to be in any one country for 6 months in a 12 month period. It is not cheap but it is the only company that offers true full time insurance cover. ie no UK residency requirement only a UK contact address. This also has breakdown insurance included for over 3500kg vehicles and trailers.

mickarchie

If you are on the voters role at that address , and LIVE at that address .. yes..
but if it's only for mail and registering your van , insurance etc, .. ie. a c/o address, then you would be telling a lie.. would you not ?

The ambition of most fulltimers and this association, is to be 100% legal without resorting to telling lies. .. no matter how small.. a lie is a lie and will catch you out.. sooner or later.
The trouble with that is that council rules are so complex you don't really know what is the truth. i.e.You are not allowed to stay on a site for more than 28 days but to claim rent allowance from a council you must live on a site for more than 30 days. Mick

John and Joan

The trouble with that is that council rules are so complex you don't really know what is the truth. i.e.You are not allowed to stay on a site for more than 28 days but to claim rent allowance from a council you must live on a site for more than 30 days. Mick
You can only stay for 28 days on a CL because the club that issues the exemption under paragraph 5 has set that limit. There is no limit in the Act for stays on them only that the number of caravans must not exceed 5.

You can stay longer on licenced sites if the owner/club allows you too up to the permitted use limit of the site licence. If a site has residental status you can stay on the site all year.

DEFRA. the big clubs and ACCEO have agreed to limit exempted holiday sites under paragraph 4 to 28 days but again there is no limit set in the Act as to number of caravans or duration of stay.

The 28 day in the Act applies to unlicenced land not to exempt or licenced sites.

Adverts