Cooking without oven?

vwalan

you can buy tin folding stove top oven kits .
they sort of work.
i lived for years with only two burners and a grill in campers .
use a pressure cooker alot though.
do have ull oven but still cook most things in pressure cooker. warm pies in grill , learn to adapt .
possibly a skillet pan would help you.
mind google stove top ovens . i,m sure you will find something .
possibly just buy a small gas oven .

Adaptability is something I learned very well from my army days - I could do pizza base on hotplate and blowtorch the top - not gonna flip it - flip it onto the floor and dog will be sorted! Ha! :)

Question : anyone actuality heard of anyone overdosing from pot noodles ? Are they really considered to be food? Dirty bad pot noodle - go away ! Mmmm! :))

Silver Drifter

I feel your pain! My van is German and doesn't have an oven either. I've got used to having an appetising range of curries, paella, stir fry, sausage n mash, stews etc etc. However I saw a Balti pie in a Euro Spa and couldn't resist it......I had it with oven chunky chips (cooked in the frying pan) whilst I heated the pie in my wok with a base from a cake tin in the bottom to stop it from burning, and a lid on the top of the wok so as to create a mini oven......job was a gud un.....where there's a will, there's a way...bon apetite....☺

chrisjones18

Question : anyone actuality heard of anyone overdosing from pot noodles ? Are they really considered to be food? Dirty bad pot noodle - go away ! Mmmm! :))
They say they are mined in South Wales but they come from China, delivered them many moons ago, I expect things stay the same ,shrivelled and dried a bit like me:D

snail

We do have an oven, but if not you can get a Tefal saute pan (deep sided fry pan) with a lid and use this dry with the gas just on simmer, also you could get a trivet to stand in the bottom, if you look at there optimal range the pans have removable handles so easier to store

coolasluck

My mate has a collapsible oven which he uses and loves it.Its made by coleman.
I do have an oven and wouldn't be without one.

coolasluck

Kind of looks like a safe lol

Sueboo

We long term but have camper and a caravan both of which have cookers with ovens but both love cooking and have tried other gadgets but love the oven. We do love eating out at restaurants but also love buying fresh local food and cooking :indoors:. Suppose we are all different in what we like and find acceptable to eat.

chrisjones18

Can't help with options as we have a full gas cooker including an oven.

Well I got solar and x2 batts so loads a leccy - dff will be comming on the trip so first head north to learn how to properly deep fry me pizza an pies ! :) Not heard anything about anyone using microwaves ???

vwalan

takes a biggish inverter to work m,waves .
i did used to use a 2kw inverter that worked my house m,wave but never took it away.
i never really use campsites so need to be off grid and happy.
ideally in asmallish camper was the baby belling cookers with ovens . keep your eyes on ebay etc you might get an old one at the right money.

Yup planning on being as independent of sites as possible, got me dff and wok so s'pose me award winning soufle's will have to be missed as no oven :)

Silver Drifter

This evenings meal. Moroccan mince on a bed of fragrant rice and a chilled Rosé followed by freshly picked fig drizzled with honey and a heap of Greek yoghurt.
It doesn't need to be all about pies n pizza 20180905_190738.jpg 20180905_190738.jpg

Attachments

vwalan

if you should get to morocco then many buy a tagine cook pot.
most are in pottery but i use ally style . shallow dish with a cone shaped lid .
sorry no pics . they work but i cheat and pressure cook.
but if having friends round tagines make a nice meal to be shared by all. eat with bread ideally moroccan, best bread you can buy i think.

if you should get to morocco then many buy a tagine cook pot.
most are in pottery but i use ally style . shallow dish with a cone shaped lid .
sorry no pics . they work but i cheat and pressure cook.
but if having friends round tagines make a nice meal to be shared by all. eat with bread ideally moroccan, best bread you can buy i think.
Also available in Spain