Buying a motorhome

Rob Hall

How to go for buying a motorhome ?
What do you want one for?
2 weeks holiday at a time or full time?

How much do you want to spend?

This forum will help you with every question you have....

ask away;)

aikidoamigo

Mmmmm guess not so many questions:(

BigMomma

Sometimes, other's asking you questions can make you think in a bit more detail. The original question certainly had wide parameters and didn't actually ask very clearly what was wanted :eek:

aikidoamigo

how are you this evening BM?

aikidoamigo

just sent you a 'more descrete' message, maybe you will see it on your inbox

vwalan

get a nice truck
there malvern show this year. ha ha .

aikidoamigo

yeah I like those... think I mentioned em to you before... trouble is price and availability over here.

Saw a message saying an owner was selling one off, emailed em but they didnt reply... claimed it was in the UK too.

vwalan

hads a rep from mitsubishi here last week . they are going to drop more info about the 4x4 trucks . but as you say expensive . too much really . but the new 4x2 trucks on ebay are cheap. ebay mitsubishi canter . seems isuzu trucks uk arent going to bring in any 4x4 trucks asked them the other week so no go there.
go on get a truck . i go lots weird places in mine.

aikidoamigo

that is one thing I like about the idea... the ability to ride to the waters edge, stay over- night away from the madding crowd etc.

Just wish i could find a luxurious interior on one to please the missus

vwalan

the thing with a truck kitchens fit easily visit b%q.
how much luxury do you want build it in yourself .use bridging units around the roof . ideal .get someone like regal furnishings to do the seats foam and covers . they do lots of american import seats i asked around who they used for seats etc .

aikidoamigo

Figured I could make a real nice go of that one;)

vwalan

seen them before . ideal if you live in germanmy . but difficult here for bits . think some had aluminium wiring as well bit of a snag.
heres another type of east german truck in maroc .dont look at the girls too experianced for you . anyway one is married to my mate . the one in the middle was nadia my girlfriend . stayed with me for three winters but in the end she wouldnt leave maroc . so it ended .
but we see loads of east german and russian trucks in maroc.

Attachments

aikidoamigo

yeah very similar truck

was quoted 50K Euro for full conversion and wintering etc.... seemed very steep but again love the idea of having something a little different and being able to drive off the tarmac when needed.

Off to bed now, catch you later Alan... have a good evening

vwalan

cheers /

Dunroamin

Those Russian trucks need 30-40 liters diesel for 100 kilometers ,you can deflate and inflate the tyres while you drive from in the cab the container on the back commonly known as the glass container three windows,brown glass green glass,white glass you have the feeling you are riding a pig and holding onto its ears cheap as muck here.

aikidoamigo

Yeah probably thirsty but actually it is petrol...

so me things install a huge LPG tank to run both the engine and the heating / cooking side.

Not sure why you would have three colours of glass.

Questions is are they reliable, is the insulation any good and can you get parts easily to fix em

Adverts