Britons to be charged (fined) €7 to enter Eu Member States

vwalan

i think its for all eu.
thats cheap . some countries charge alot more for visa,s .
yes uk could start charging . but it might not then it will be better for tourists coming to uk.
but its not a fine. really got nothing to do with brexit at all.
all non eu countries will be charged it .
ideal better folk dont go to the eu. but if you do take lots food from uk as its expensive over there these days .

kernow

It's all likely,possibly and could.Has to be voted on and cleared by members,usual media speculation.Its far from costly if it is enforced...

vwalan

dont go to wales .
not good there for motorhomes .
get water coming in , remember wales is famous for leaks .
i do make smelling pistakes sometimes .

wanderlust51

And the green green grass of home Alan,but why did you have to mention leaks we have woke this morning to a leak in the conservatory

BigMomma

I think it's about time that our Government stopped trying to play the diplomacy game and being nice, if the EU wants to charge us for entering EU Countries then so be it, we should just tell them that we will just mirror their decision and adopt a like for like attitude. Although I didn't want to come out of the EU, I have resigned myself to the fact that we are, no choice really, but 'Out is Out' or so we keep being told, so we should stop messing around and just bloody well get on with it. Lots of Farmers wanted out but still want the subsidies they had from the EU, sorry, no longer part of EU no longer get EU subsidies !! We want to take back control of our Fishing territories but EU want to retain their fishing in our waters, sorry, but 'Out means Out'. The EU say that during any agreed 'transition period' we are still bound by EU rules and policies but we can play no part in the decision making on any new rules or policies that will affect us, I say tell them to bugger off, no way should they be permitted to 'dictate' to us, 'Out means Out'. I cannot understand why we keep pandering to the dictators in Brussels, if foreign investors want to leave, give them a date in which they must go and set up elsewhere, let's get back into the driving seat or is it a case of the Government actually not knowing which direction they are actually taking us in ?

Sueboo

I'm old enough to remember we needed visas etc to visit countries, so if need be again so what we did it once we'll be it again.

BigMomma

Quite right, some people, that are not from a certain age group, will not remember about needing travel permits or Visa's, but we managed to travel without difficulty it just takes time to get used to the minor administration required to achieve the necessary documentation. Being part of the EU just took away the administrative beaurocracy and that was nice so now it means going back to the 'old days', we will soon get used to it again ;)

vwalan

the difference will be before each country in europe was a country . now the eu is like one country. spending time in france then going to spain ,then portugal etc etc is one country now . as a kid in the 60,s i remember all the borders etc . it was the kids job to keep moving around and messing up the border police,s counting .
it was fun . mind the bacshish or what ever its spelt was never payed by my dad . borders might say they were closed for two days but put a tent up blocking the way through or parking a camper across the route soon got borders open. greece and turkey were terrible for wanting bribes .
never mind lets hope the ferry to morocco gets going . then we wont need eu at all.

BigMomma

The cost of a ferry from U.K. To Morocco (and back) I think will be a little more expensive than paying €2.33 a year to get into Europe :wasntme: Although one never knows, the Moroccans may be so keen to want hundreds more Motorhomes in their Country that they may offer preferential deals :thumb:

vwalan

but we are leaving eu.
there is talk of a ferry from falmouth . shall have to see if it happens .
its to fit in with bringing products from africa and not paying the tarrifs and tolls that eu add to stuff uk buys .
but if they also allow ferry on the boats it will be ideal.
best not buy eu products once we leave .
plus no need to go there if you can get on a ferry and be in africa in a couple of days .
mind does seem ferries to france and spain are going up in price soon.

Adverts