Being a Nomad

Dunroamin

We are at Tafroute , weather today overcast but up till now brekkie outside warm days and cool nights.Very few vehicles here not more than 20 and 4 down in the palms.

chrisjones18

We are at Tafroute , weather today overcast but up till now brekkie outside warm days and cool nights.Very few vehicles here not more than 20 and 4 down in the palms.
we would love a bit of overcast weather, been in rain for the last 6 weeks since getting back from Aus.
sunshine would be better so I can drill a hole in the body to fit the solar panels.
Tafroute, is that in the Atlas Mountains?

Dunroamin

Yes but not the high Atlas the Anti Atlas no sign of sun yet today , mostly Krauts 1 Cloggie and 2 or 3 Frogs. We will check out the Skype today with Telekom we have the month for 100 dirham but I have two open networks so no probs.

roamingman1

i,m one that never found pythons funny.
benny hill ok, charlie drake ,
i was never into the american comic things either ,
in truth i really have never quite fitted in most of my life .
i was into 50,s music in the 70,s even married dressed in a drape .
i got into vws very early on before the cult craze .
i remember back in the late 70,s going to vw shows in a customized van and it was hard to find 5 customized vw vans to make a show class up.
15 yrs ago when i converted my trailer there wasnt many 5ers out there .
building vw trikes was another thing i got involved in when hardly anyone else was.
when lots start doing things i find i like to move on .
always been an awkward bu--er. hee hee .
i like rock n roll but prefer cliff richard to elvis presley.
i do like tommy steele though.
Hi Alan I am just like you, back in the past, loved Charlie Drake and Benny Hill, also like Cliff and do not like the American programmes, my children call me a dinosaur.
Our first camper van was a Commer with lift up roof, we made the mistake of not moving up to motor home when the kids came along 5 in 7 years, we then found out what we did wrong (no TV).
I still have my 50,s music and 60,s.

vwalan

we had vw,s all through the kids growing up. did run a bedford coach for awhile and a dodge 13 tonner for awhile . after spending two lots of 9 month trips in the vw , i saw the mini artic , mind i had been to buy it five years before . luckily the guy that bought it didnt know he would require cpc and operators licence to run it business wise. tv is something we almost always had be it a 5inch screen for years and black n white .
it works for me . its a bit big for one but its mine owes me nothing . in june i will have had the trailer 16 years so you could say i,m happy with it.
looking forward to my next summer holiday trip. soon be here .

Adverts