Being a Nomad

vwalan

possibly the male chicken . hee hee .
but god knows , mind i hope i shant be meeting him soon to ask.

vwalan

i googled peter griffin as i didnt know who he was , noticed its to do with that daft american crap. so didnt read any more .
i cant be doing with much of that american stuff.
but never mind hopefully i shall live for along time .
i do try and follow the book of instructions .

hpold

:p What came first the chicken or the egg ? Wish I knew
Well that is quiet simple when thought of the chicken came first. Why and how is it, well the human came before when we were created and then the egg was formed in a woman to further multiply the human or animal race except in the case of a moth that was found to be half male and the other half female.

hpold

Hey Stan you have to much time on your hands just crack open a bottle of plonk all will be better then .

Steve Freeman

i googled peter griffin as i didnt know who he was , noticed its to do with that daft american crap. so didnt read any more .
i cant be doing with much of that american stuff.
but never mind hopefully i shall live for along time .
i do try and follow the book of instructions .
It is a cartoon series called Family Guy, and it's rare in that it takes the p out of americans...
There is a recurring scene where Peter ends up having spectacular fights with a neighbour that is a giant chicken.
It's actually very good - not everything american is crap....
Best you stick with Bill & Ben, though, eh? :)

vwalan

well i,m not impressed with their cars ,motorbikes .
mind good steel does come our way .
briggs and stratton america can make good lawn mowers .
i really cant stand that program , have watched it ,its almost as bad as that other fasmily one with the kid with spiky hair.
i dont fond american humour funny.

Steve Freeman

i dont fond american humour funny.
As a rule, I totally agree! I hate simpsons, friends etc, leaves me bored.
I grew up as a kid with Python, so I don't see much these days that gets me rolling on the floor like that did, whatever country it's from, unless it's good stand-up. Or unless I'm very drunk. Or both.
I still have a soft spot for Family Guy & American Dad though, as it's a bit more surreal than you'd expect from the US, where they only seem to get 'banana skin' jokes, but you do need to get into the characters to see their flaws as an echo of the cracks in American life....

vwalan

i,m one that never found pythons funny.
benny hill ok, charlie drake ,
i was never into the american comic things either ,
in truth i really have never quite fitted in most of my life .
i was into 50,s music in the 70,s even married dressed in a drape .
i got into vws very early on before the cult craze .
i remember back in the late 70,s going to vw shows in a customized van and it was hard to find 5 customized vw vans to make a show class up.
15 yrs ago when i converted my trailer there wasnt many 5ers out there .
building vw trikes was another thing i got involved in when hardly anyone else was.
when lots start doing things i find i like to move on .
always been an awkward bu--er. hee hee .
i like rock n roll but prefer cliff richard to elvis presley.
i do like tommy steele though.

vwalan

but where is the flux capacitor bedford bus these day?
gone a bit quiet .

Steve Freeman

From what you say, all the world's supply of Flux Capacitors are safely strapped on around your chest! :)

vwalan

no. mind i have experianced time travel.
you get on a hovercraft in france and when you arrive in dover ,its then 15mins before you got on the hovercraft in france .

Steve Freeman

Only 15 minutes ? I thought that since you think you are a teenager, you might be capable of living 40-50 years in the past? Especially with the flux caps...

vwalan

i do live like in the past.
cant be doing with buying some of these new fangled things .
mind i do think we are off lost in space when we visit places and use the sun to power things ,and have these gadgets that talk all over the world and can record music , pictures etc .
i,m still using my push button tea caddy and i have one of those delcannon easi-chop automatic stainless fruit and veg chopper ,as it says on the box chops and slices minces and dices in seconds .
made in switzerland so it must be good .
bought by my mum on 12/3/73 its written on the box . see i am quite modern . ha ha .

coolasluck

Im with you steve i loved some of the episodes so have stored all the series to disc as i havent watched that many.If i get down in the dumps i will start watching them:thumb:

Daved

In about a week I am off. My house is sold and empty. My personal stuff is with a friend. My adress is with a friend. What I have is a Bus. An old Bedford fron 1966. As it looks from the outside. Everything is made new. Motor and the inside. It is a perfect home. For me. Now. So we are off. To Infinity. To Hell? To Heaven? To adventures that is shure. He´s big. He is named Motus or Motte if you are close, and he is 8 m long and 2,5 m. We do like eachother. Not only because he works like a clock with a Volvo diesel TD engine 5 l, but because he has a Sauna. In which you put real wood... and they burn... So we are on good turms. And I have what I need in any possibly way. As a home. As my new home Mr. Motus is giving me what I want. We though have a long way to go, to get this live of ours. So be. So shall be.
You sound as happy as anyone could be about your new life. I am hopping to start my new life when I have sold my house. I am getting a 5th wheeler and looking forward to the day I can post on this forum my setting off. What was your first stop?

David

voyagerstan

Where is motus ???????where is vw al ????????where is coola ?????? They must have fallen off the edge of the known world . :cool: Stan

coolasluck

Hi Stan we had to go back up north of Valencia but are now parked back at xerico in fact opposite your friend girdie.She hasn't come out of the van yet that I could see but if she doesn't I will knock and say hello before giving her your regards.Vwalan and bob are at cullera. Don't know how long we will be here for but we could see them in gandia soon.Nice Dutch people here though.

voyagerstan

:cool: Hi coola nice to know your all still about enjoying the sun . We're at sidi koukie hot today fish lunch up the road then stager back and swim later . Oh it's a hard life !!!

Adverts