Amroth

Reiki Roamer

You can park all along the seafront at Amroth in West Wales. There are public loos, half of the beach allows dogs on all year round. 3 pubs and a bakers that will make your croissants in the morning.

We have stopped here loads of times and enjoy barbecuing fresh-caught mackerel on the beach.

http://g.co/maps/v96n9
We went to Amroth and parked up on sea front we said we would love to park up for the weekend but there are signs in all the big lay-bys saying 'No overnight Parking' so we did not stay. Do they not enforce the laws? As we didn't want to be asleep and then told to move on also could have had a couple of Pints. A few people had told us about wild camping in Amroth which was why we went to check it out. But think the laws have changed.

BwB

Things may have changed since 2011.lots more signs up in the past few years - not all legal and/or enforceable but difficult to know which when you're on the road.

aikidoamigo

Loads of places to stay on the A39 Devon

chrisjones18

Things may have changed since 2011.lots more signs up in the past few years - not all legal and/or enforceable but difficult to know which when you're on the road.
I think If the sign is put up by the local council it is legal.
I was at wisemans bridge last weekend and there are signs there except for a small area on the far right before you go up the hill.......4 small ones crammed in there by the tea van. But there is free parking, though it does say no overnight camping
there is a pub in Narberth with free parking but I cant remember the name.

BwB

chrisjones18

You would think, wouldn't you? But, you'd be surprised.
Please, I'd love to know more as I was under the impression that if the sign was signed by someone from the council it counted as a legal document.

vwalan

there should be a sticker or stamp on the back showing what regulations are involved with the sign . then you can go to the council offices and check it out . its down to tro,s etc . even so they may have to get a court order to remove you depending on where you are.

BwB

chrisjones18

Ah yes, I've read the articles before. I was sort of hoping something new was about.

Aberaeron, if you go to the blue bus at the golf club you can get them to lift the height barriers , so I've heard its free parking but I have not tried it.

some signs down west wales have the regs embossed in them, should go to Powys as they welcome visitors.

aikidoamigo

Stop anyway but be prepared to move on if asked, I think that is a good policy.

Adverts