ALAN HEATHS STUFF

aikidoamigo

Here you go Alan, a place for all your video and blog comments... RH once set one up for me so now you can have one of your own and post away to your hearts content; we know where to come for a great read if it is all in one place.....:thumb:

BigMomma

Here you go Alan, a place for all your video and blog comments... RH once set one up for me so now you can have one of your own and post away to your hearts content; we know where to come for a great read if it is all in one place.....:thumb:
Not a bad idea as long as it doesn't eat up all of Jim's webspace, after all he provides this site free of charge to members but I guess he has to pay for it out of his own pocket :rolleyes: As I have suggested in another post, Alan has provided links to his 'you tube' videos, perhaps it would be easier for anyone interested in viewing his reviews to go direct to his links, only a suggestion of course :cautious:

aikidoamigo

Great idea either way

BwB

I would be surprised if you see him back. After all the back-stabbing chat which has gone on about him on several other threads on this forum the guy has virtually been bullied from appearing one here again.

Agreed, he was a bit over enthusiastic with his motorhome videos and I agree that it was right to ask him to stay on topic, But is is necessary for all the snidy remarks on every other thread. Even a new member last night thought they'd done something wrong because they'd innocently commented on one of Alans posts.

Much of this is from senior members who it might have been expected could have pointed Alan in the right direction and explain forum etiquette and then given him a bit of time to settle in. Instead he was asked to reign it in a bit but then was subject to masses of ridicule.

Come on guys, can we move on from this now?

aikidoamigo

There is quite often an amount of sarcasm and fun poking at members expense, I think that is the nature of anonymous forums and not just unique to this one. I have to say that although some of that has gone on the majority of comment has been good natured, not rude or insulting and for the most part has pointed out to Alan how best to share his huge wealth of experience, in one place, for all to enjoy as appropriate; this is supposed to be a fun place to be and not a library of collective works.

As mentioned above, RH once opened a page for me on the basis I was posting a lot of threads... I was not offended by that and nor should Alan be. To my knowledge we only have one moderator on here, Jim, and if time does not allow him to advise / co-ordinate where best certain items should be posted then as you say, maybe senior members have to do it. I think the problem is that some of the post may have seemed as 'self-serving' and in any event Alan did correct and put YouTube links etc. at the base of his threads.

Let's hope he and others were not offended by the banter that was associated and as you say, all can move on appropriately.:thumb:

Rob Hall

Hello Again Peeps!
I have been missing for a wee while and have missed a lot of what has ben going on, so, here I am again, I will fill you all in with Whats What as I go on....I am intrigued as to who ALAN HEATH is? I will search through the forum a bit more, but I stumbled across this page and I've learnt nowt!

Fill me in, theres good chaps!

coolasluck

Hi Rob, Alans a fellow who fulltimes in his hymer amd has done for a few years now,he has a wealth of knowledge and much enthusiasm about fulltiming.He has posted some links to places where he has spent time at various wilding spots which i for one have enjoyed reading.
But he then posted about reviews on motorhomes at various shows,which kind of took over the site:D,he has been party to a bit of banter but hopefully he doesnt feel like its bullying as bwb stated.Alan if your listening i hope you view it as fun and mickey taking to a large part,we are a bit childish on here from time to time,its normally b.m or VWaLAN who have the rise taken out of,perhaps we are missing vwalan;)

Last thing we dont want on here are moderators though ey aikido:eek:,we normally regulate ourselves well enough

So come on Rob which site have you been banned from now wasnt out and about was it.?mmm

aikidoamigo

You are (have) a senior member from what I'm told coola

Rob Hall

Out & About? Never heard of em!
No, I haven't been on any sites regarding Motorhomes for a while.
We have been looking after our God Children over Christmas and we are still there now. Our Motorhome is up for sale and our full timing plans are on hold for the forseeable future.
Our God Daughter, aged just 2, has got a terrible thing called Transverse Mylitis, personally, I have never heard of it, apparently, it effects 300 people a year vin The UK.
She is parralised from the neck down, however, she is now managing to wiggle her shoulders and slightly grip your finger, she can also now breath without the help of a ventilator for around half an hour. So, very good progress really for the past 5 weeks.
When you choose to be a God Parent, it is more than just a chritening and a party afterwards, so that is why we are doing what we are doing.
I am hoping that, in the next 2-3 months, she will be home and we can carry on with our plans, but for now, the 'van is for sale and a different path awaits...??

It is good to see there is still some banter flying around on here, I have not had the pleasure of reading any of the threads of Alan Heath, but judging by the amount of interest it has caused, I had better get reading....;)

aikidoamigo

I hope all the trouble clear up for your family soon Rob, shocks like that are a terrible thing for sure; our thoughts are with you.

Shame to hear you are considering selling the van, this is a tough climate and people are more inclined to buy on finance with a big purchase... but I am sure someone will come along in due course if you can't sort things other-ways beforehand.

Perhaps have a word with VWAlan I am sure he would be up for the trade and he could even give you a shekel or two as part of the deal;)

BigMomma

Likewise Rob, sorry to hear about the news with your God daughter and fingers are crossed for the slow but positive improvement to continue :thumb: Selling your van is a personal choice and I am sure not a decision taken without a lot of soul searching, but you must do what is best for yourselves :rolleyes: Good to see you back on the forum :thumb:

BigMomma

I would be surprised if you see him back. After all the back-stabbing chat which has gone on about him on several other threads on this forum the guy has virtually been bullied from appearing one here again.

Agreed, he was a bit over enthusiastic with his motorhome videos and I agree that it was right to ask him to stay on topic, But is is necessary for all the snidy remarks on every other thread. Even a new member last night thought they'd done something wrong because they'd innocently commented on one of Alans posts.

Much of this is from senior members who it might have been expected could have pointed Alan in the right direction and explain forum etiquette and then given him a bit of time to settle in. Instead he was asked to reign it in a bit but then was subject to masses of ridicule.

Come on guys, can we move on from this now?
Bwb, you make some valid comments although not sure that it was intended as back-stabbing or even bullying. I think that we sometimes forget that not every member will have an understanding of our sometimes weird sense of humour or even our banter. There was however a serious point being made and I think that we did try to make it as nicely as possible and I believe that Alan took the comments in good spirit and saw the point we were making. I think that there was some misunderstanding because after he had agreed to curb his enthusiasm in posting his reviews another appeared, albeit on a different thread and it appeared as if he was still continuing to post his reviews. This now appears to have been a mistake and probably right that we should recognise that it was our mistake :thumb: When Alan first posted, his introduction about being a fulltimer and currently travelling in Sicily was really good as it related to him, his vehicles and his travels and I expressed an interest in reading more of his posts about his travels and that remains the case.

I am sure that we do not want this forum to become akin to some others where abuse of posters is offensive and quite scathing and I hope that Alan will continue to be a member of the forum and contribute, both with his own experiences of travelling but also to join in with banter :thumb:

Rob Hall

*****STOP PRESS*****
I think I am on the map thingy
Can someone please check and let me know

aikidoamigo

You made it, welcome on board Rob... any idea what was wrong initially?

coolasluck

Sorry to hear of your troubles Rob,i had no idea you were going through so much crap,shame about the van though at least you have had quite a taster for living the dream.Sounds like a horrible nightmare going on our thoughts are with you mate.Nice to see you back on the site though all the same.:thumb:

coolasluck

Bwb, you make some valid comments although not sure that it was intended as back-stabbing or even bullying. I think that we sometimes forget that not every member will have an understanding of our sometimes weird sense of humour or even our banter. There was however a serious point being made and I think that we did try to make it as nicely as possible and I believe that Alan took the comments in good spirit and saw the point we were making. I think that there was some misunderstanding because after he had agreed to curb his enthusiasm in posting his reviews another appeared, albeit on a different thread and it appeared as if he was still continuing to post his reviews. This now appears to have been a mistake and probably right that we should recognise that it was our mistake :thumb: When Alan first posted, his introduction about being a fulltimer and currently travelling in Sicily was really good as it related to him, his vehicles and his travels and I expressed an interest in reading more of his posts about his travels and that remains the case.

I am sure that we do not want this forum to become akin to some others where abuse of posters is offensive and quite scathing and I hope that Alan will continue to be a member of the forum and contribute, both with his own experiences of travelling but also to join in with banter :thumb:

Im not going to mention any names but there is quite a well known member who causes all the trouble who stinks of urine and has toilet problems,o go on then you twisted my arm his name is Merle.:rofl:

Merle

Im not going to mention any names but there is quite a well known member who causes all the trouble who stinks of urine and has toilet problems,o go on then you twisted my arm his name is Merle.:rofl:
I represent that remark...get your gloves on and be behind the sheds at 11