About to start new adventures :)

Hi everyone.
Well had a call from our solicitors today, we complete the sale of our house on 7th Sept!
Sold virtually everything we had in it, recently retired and owned the motorhome for only a month.
After deciding life is too short and we’re all a long time dead we’ve taken the plunge, no turning back!
So it’s me, my wife Sue, and the dog Poppy.......and Demelza (our motorhome) off on our travels. Can’t wait for adventures new.... good, bad, whatever..... but shaking off the broken system where we work hard to pay for things we don’t need or want to experience new things.
Here goes :thumb:
Interested in all the forums and comments on this site to give us some ideas of what to do ....... and maybe not to do!! :)

vwalan

well here we go . hope you enjoy what ever the future brings.
all i can say is welcome and have a read of many threads in the past. but dont be afraid to ask.
i actually dont fulltime but have ong termed most of my life.
i get bored and have to go traveling to liven it up.
remember some of us get more childish every year so are getting younger as time goes by.
have fun and enjoy what ever life brings .
cheers alan .

coolasluck

Congratulations!!
We did the same as you and are now in our 4th year. My biggest advice is too not go back to work lol. Make sure you live your dream and be brave. I hope you love it as much as we do.

Thanks. Not sure if it’s bravery or stupidity.... or a mixture of the two haha
But we’d rather regret the things we did then the things we didn’t do!!! Only one way to find out.
:thumb:

Being a little childish keeps us young at heart.
Youth is wasted on the young :D
Kids all grown up but think we’re amazing doing this, think they’re quite envious lol

Hi welcome
I have just rented my house out and now in my Motorhome. I am fortunate to have a large piece of land with own entrance attached to the house. I have a shepherds hut with toilet/shower electric . I have a post box with my name on it so have my same address for usual Bank, insurance DVLA etc.
I can travel around and have this base to come back to. It is early days, two months,
I have lived in a Motorhome while renovating property. I love it. A break from paying council tax, electric ,phone lines
Off next week to highlands don’ know how long for, great just to please yourself, the freedom it gives. Home is where you take it!!
I wish you happy motoring and great adventures

chrisjones18

Hi welcome
I have just rented my house out and now in my Motorhome. I am fortunate to have a large piece of land with own entrance attached to the house. I have a shepherds hut with toilet/shower electric . I have a post box with my name on it so have my same address for usual Bank, insurance DVLA etc.
I can travel around and have this base to come back to. It is early days, two months,
I have lived in a Motorhome while renovating property. I love it. A break from paying council tax, electric ,phone lines
Off next week to highlands don’ know how long for, great just to please yourself, the freedom it gives. Home is where you take it!!
I wish you happy motoring and great adventures
We are close to your situation. Can I ask did you rent privately or use an agent.. we can't make our mind up on selling or renting.
We are stuck paying £2:5k a year council tax while waiting for them to make their mind up on planning...so frustrating. . It's a long story but I was curious about pitfalls in renting the house out.

We are close to your situation. Can I ask did you rent privately or use an agent.. we can't make our mind up on selling or renting.
We are stuck paying £2:5k a year council tax while waiting for them to make their mind up on planning...so frustrating. . It's a long story but I was curious about pitfalls in renting the house out.
Hi. I woke up one morning at 5am sat thinking, put an add on Gumtree for house to rent. Details added I will retain the gardener so all you have to do is relax and enjoy.
By 9am. I was loaded with replies.
I took out a maintenance insurance covers electric, central heating, boiler also drainage
For under £30 a month
So no worries, the tenants have the phone number for 24/7 repairs.
This is especially for landlords.
You will register with local landlord register.
Get a month deposit and open bank account just for this rental tenants pay into this and direct debit for the maintenance also house insurance and contents.
I rented mine out as fully furnished which meant I didn’t need to pack up or sell off.
Emptying cupboards was bad enough.
I still have the property to move back into.
I actually have a locked walk in cupboard in the house where I keep my towels, bedding etc. Things I couldn’t put in an out building.
This was explained to tenants and showed them what was in it so no temptation to pry !!
Do it yourself is my advice.
I have another house I rent out had the same tenants since renovating 7years now, no probs
They paid me upfront for two years at a time.
All the best
Wendy

Welcome to the forum Tim 'N' Sue. Where are you heading to? We're going to be wandering around France, Spain and Portugal (probably!) for the next couple of months so might cross paths.