a coola bus for sale

vwalan

yes but i think many are put off having to make the box .
it wouldnt bother me. but even then trailers with boxes do turn up.
but for most folk a small bus is ok . they arent sure about a big trailer.
i like mine . but mine isa very light trailer . made almost completely of ally. dropped its gvw to 3.5tons (trailer)then didnt need mot as a living van. and being articulated made the truck a nicer vehicle to own , hee hee.

chrisjones18

vwalan

yes in oz the coaster could be 4x4 as well. i used to use a forum called expedition portal. it has loads interesting vehicles on .worth a google.
mind these days there are companies bringing in japanese and sometimes chinese campers . http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-TO...54233103?hash=item1c82d7500f:g:J2EAAOSwjqVZBO
this looks interesting . but companies like this one have been around several years .
they bring in some rather nice ones sometimes . if i didnt want to carry my little m,bike around i might have given this one a go. be great off road i should think.

chrisjones18

if you scroll the page you find "bilby the bus" aka mr &mrs coola" [only joking]. complete with veranda,
the daily mail [Australia] are dragging up into the past with stories like this [happened back in the 60's]
where were they as I was there living in a lump of tin.
new story may 2017 ---- bit sleepy down there I think . though they sun is out.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ad-renting.html?ito=social-facebook_Australia

vwalan

as a kid here in uk in the early 60,s my parents knew loads of people living in vans,buses tents etc here even then. many were working in the hoilday circuit in cornwall or dorset . thats where we lived and i noticed them . i started people watching back then as a kid . i learnt alot just being around some of these folk.
many home schooled their kids as well and they did ok.
mind i also learned buy a place it saves hassle and even back then you could say i,m english my house is ?????
others my grandad and grandma had caravan homes on sites . they lived on them for years but it could have been why i no longer like sites . what with rent and used to be overcharging for leccy/water you name it .
i remember several of my parents friends living in tpees and nobody pestered them .
my dad had a lovely old bus when i was a kid . cant remember the make , its one of the memories i wish i knew more of . have put them up before but heres my dads old bus . me and my brother and mum and grandma .
i,m the good looking kid ,hee hee
must of been 61-62 it was just before we moved to cornwall. i think he regretted selling it really.

Attachments

coolasluck

A bit on the pricey side for me there Chris. They want 20k for the old girl and it's not fitted out nicely either. I would say though that I have no regrets on the caetano coach. It's slim width has seen us through some narrow roads and general size and vehicle is perfect. If I was to do it all again I would go the same way. The only downside is after 2 years of getting easily through the mot this year has caught up with me. I replaced 2 lower ball joint arms and bushes on the front a slave cylinder ,master works fine but a bastard to change so although I have the master that is for another year as the clutch is being replaced on Monday with mot on Tuesday. Oh and the diesel pump is bloody leaking. Was doing bloody well this year money wise until now

chrisjones18

coola, I know what you mean about the price, but never been near "salt" and only 50.000 miles. I wasn't keen on the interior but simple cure on that. cheapest I could find at present to get it back here {uk} after using it for 12 months in Australia was around £5k, though with varying fuel costs on ship.
biggest stumbling block is Sally loves the one we have, anyway Appledore is calling for a few days away from her mum and the care home.

coolasluck

Hey Chris if you bought it make sure you bring parts back over here. Loads over there to bring back with you.

coolasluck

50.000 miles ain't bad is it if it's genuine.
You'll be out there on the open road before you know it buddy.

coolasluck

if you scroll the page you find "bilby the bus" aka mr &mrs coola" [only joking]. complete with veranda,
the daily mail [Australia] are dragging up into the past with stories like this [happened back in the 60's]
where were they as I was there living in a lump of tin.
new story may 2017 ---- bit sleepy down there I think . though they sun is out.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ad-renting.html?ito=social-facebook_Australia

Got to say Chris I had to check out those photos again make them bigger just to make sure.Looks like a lot of healthy young women there.

vwalan

i wonder is coola going to go on a trip to oz or nz.
think there might be a song to go with it.
D.......i.....v.....o....r.....c.....e
can hear him now .oh yes ive got a coaster back in uk .
can i have a look at yours .
this is nice ,,,is the bed comfy?

Adverts