5th wheels where are you???

Hi everyone just wanted to see how many self built 5th wheels are kicking about. I know of one on Facebook which is up for sale. Don't be shy let's see them. IMG_3644.JPG

vwalan

hi. that looks nice .
mines in my avatar.
had it 17 yrs now . but have changed the truck. was pulled by a vw lt50 from new in 87 .
changed in 2007 to the mitzy.
i,m in cornwall or very often in winter else where.
usually say i have room in my drive for visitors but might not get that one in hee hee.
how long is it ?
seen a nice looking one for someone on ebay lately . didnt sell at the original price so they have dropped it a bit . have a good one .

vwalan

normally at home . or visiting friends .
i dont fulltime .
bit of a cheat me being on here but do longterm.
keep thinking of doing the yorkshire coast that we used to visit as a kid but then i like cornwall and devon so dont get there. do do wales , its ok there get left alone most places .

vwalan

mines only 10mtr long the trailer is 7mtr. and 7ft 6ins wide .
having driven trucks round here its usually ok.
drove skips and sewage tankers for years so know most of the awkward narrow places .
there are lots places i wouldnt take a fiver though .
i chose the mitzy as thats a narrow truck for having a nose about with . also carry m,bike in the trailer for investigating new areas.

vwalan

i use a chines dax monkey bike . sold in uk as easyrider. really jincheng . had it 16 years now .
actually use it round here ,its good for country lane afternoon ride out . carries two if need be .
90cc its ok.
handle bars fold down so fits under the rear bed a treat.
i actually built the garage to take one using measurements from another camper.
went to see a 1500cc drifter and ended up buying the biggest and smallest bikes in the showroom.
get as much fun with the little one as the big one . but different ride outs .

I would need to put some kind of rack on the back as I don't have a garage. It's one of the things I wish the builder would of planned in.

vwalan

well self build is the way.
mind i only converted mine it was an empty trailer.
i knew what i wanted before the conversion .
the single cab vw didnt quite fit my wants but it worked for awhile .
now seven seater double cab id ideal plus makes a sleeper cab if i get off locally without the trailer.

Adverts