365 insurance

OLLI 17

Has anyone had dealings with Adrian flux and a need to claim?

They have just offered us 365 European cover at £290.00 (breakdown not included).
This seems too good to be true. We tried Comfort, as they seem to be well recommended on here and they were quoting £1k approx.
Our current policy with the CC (AXA) is £171 and allows 270 days of EU travel.

We have 6 year old 7.5m bessecarr and are both just wrong side of

Also, can anyone recommend a breakdown cover that covers Europe please?

BigMomma

Okay, be careful and check the small print as there are many firms that advertise 365 European cover but don't provide for 'living in' the van 'fulltime', there have been very many posts about this previously. If you really want to ensure that you are actually covered for 'fulltiming' then ask them that question. If you don't want to hear the answer but fly under their '365' banner then don't ask the question !! As for Breakdown cover in U.K. & Europe the AA, RAC and ADAC can all provide this. I have the cover, but through my 'Fulltimers' Insurance policy with Comfort, the cover is provided by RAC and as part of a bolt on to my Insurance cover the Breakdown bit is £52 p.a. I had to use it in Spain and it was exceptional service including excellent accommodation when I could not stay in the van.

John and Joan

Easy way to check is to see if there are any trip limits on the policy. If so they are expecting you to have a UK residence and not be living full time in the van. My last quote from Comfort was £1400 for full timing cover ( driver age 53 1992 4600kg van)

BigMomma

My Fulltimers renewal quote with Comfort including full UK/European Breakdown Cover (through RAC) was £705. This was for two named drivers, 9 metre long vehicle, 5 tonne and seven years old :thumb:

Thanks for your help.
We have been quoted £1050 from comfort including unrestricted breakdown cover. Went back to Adrian Flux to ask why such a difference between the 2 brokers. They couldn't really answer but assured us that the cover they provide is for a full year of being away from home and travel within the EU. They can also provide breakdown for an extra £80.

BigMomma

Thanks for your help.
We have been quoted £1050 from comfort including unrestricted breakdown cover. Went back to Adrian Flux to ask why such a difference between the 2 brokers. They couldn't really answer but assured us that the cover they provide is for a full year of being away from home and travel within the EU. They can also provide breakdown for an extra £80.
As I have just commented on another one of your 'threads' on this subject. If they have told you that this quote covers you for fulltime cover then that is absolutely music to the ears of many of us, I think they may be getting a lot more business :thumb:

BigMomma

I have just sent an Email enquiry to Adrian Flux asking if they will provide me with 'Fulltimers' Insurance cover. I have told them that I do have a UK Contact Address although I do not own or live at that address. I have also told them that I live fulltime in my van and travel in both UK and Europe. I will make a post once I have received their response :thumb:

BigMomma

I had this Email this afternoon from Adrian Flux:

In regards to your motorhome insurance enquiry, I have just called and left a voicemail on your mobile number saying that we can not cover you.

Perhaps the mistake I made was to tell them I lived in my van on a fulltime basis ?

I had this Email this afternoon from Adrian Flux:

In regards to your motorhome insurance enquiry, I have just called and left a voicemail on your mobile number saying that we can not cover you.

Perhaps the mistake I made was to tell them I lived in my van on a fulltime basis ?
I went back to Adrian Flux yesterday to go over policy yet again.
Told them we will be living in our motorhome for the next year while we travel parts of Europe. Asked if there were any restrictions and again clarified that we will be living in the motorhome while we are away from home. The quote came back the same - £290.00 (exc breakdown). Been totally honest with them so don't know what else we can do . Never know how good an insurance is until need for a claim but at the difference in price it looks like Adrian flux policy for us.
Btw, we do have a home in UK that will be rented out but will still give us an address.

BigMomma

I went back to Adrian Flux yesterday to go over policy yet again.
Told them we will be living in our motorhome for the next year while we travel parts of Europe. Asked if there were any restrictions and again clarified that we will be living in the motorhome while we are away from home. The quote came back the same - £290.00 (exc breakdown). Been totally honest with them so don't know what else we can do . Never know how good an insurance is until need for a claim but at the difference in price it looks like Adrian flux policy for us.
Btw, we do have a home in UK that will be rented out but will still give us an address.
The owning of U.K. Property was probably the best bit in your case :thumb: Damn good quote, well done ;)

John and Joan

You could still have issues if you let your home out while you are away, as this is no longer your residence even through you can receive mail, that is dealt with at that address.

You could still have issues if you let your home out while you are away, as this is no longer your residence even through you can receive mail, that is dealt with at that address.
As I said John, we were 100% with them and told them of our intent to let. Keeps coming back the same.

BigMomma

It sounds as if you have got yourself superb cover here Olli at a really great price. You have covered everything with your Insurers and as long as you are confident with what you have then that is all that matters :thumb:

chrisjones18

It does look like owning a house is the big milestone/headache on insurance cover costs, @£1000 a year on some posts. ?.....

Hi John and Joan, does this still apply if you rent to a family member an can stay at address when needing to. Will also still be on the electoral roll.

I am with Adrian Flux, it was the only option I had,others required my home to be either less than 10 yrs old (out of my budget) and/or owning a property in the UK.
There are only a few companies providing full time living/working insurance and Adrian Flux charged me a premium to cover me,just shy of £1700!
With no alternative I bit the bullet and took out the policy,including their breakdown cover.
I was regarded as being more high risk being in my home 24hrs a day,in the UK than someone who sporadically used their motorhome be it abroad or home.
Their needs to be more options available for full time insurance, the few that are in this business certainly capitalise on having the monopoly, especially where I was concerned.
I'm 42,driving for 25yrs,clean license up to 7.5t,7 yrs ncd and none of that made a blind bit of difference, even my mileage was capped!!

I am with Adrian Flux, it was the only option I had,others required my home to be either less than 10 yrs old (out of my budget) and/or owning a property in the UK.
There are only a few companies providing full time living/working insurance and Adrian Flux charged me a premium to cover me,just shy of £1700!
With no alternative I bit the bullet and took out the policy,including their breakdown cover.
I was regarded as being more high risk being in my home 24hrs a day,in the UK than someone who sporadically used their motorhome be it abroad or home.
Their needs to be more options available for full time insurance, the few that are in this business certainly capitalise on having the monopoly, especially where I was concerned.
I'm 42,driving for 25yrs,clean license up to 7.5t,7 yrs ncd and none of that made a blind bit of difference, even my mileage was capped!!
I know this in an old post!
Can I ask, do you still own a home, or are on the electoral role somewhere?
You can pm me with your answer if you don’t want to reply on the forum.
Seriously thinking of buying a cheap lock up and leave property somewhere, just to have an address to get around the 365 issue. Comfort wouldn’t be interested in insuring my vehicle.

I know this in an old post!
Can I ask, do you still own a home, or are on the electoral role somewhere?
You can pm me with your answer if you don’t want to reply on the forum.
Seriously thinking of buying a cheap lock up and leave property somewhere, just to have an address to get around the 365 issue. Comfort wouldn’t be interested in insuring my vehicle.
Ouch! That is a lot of money.
We still own our property in UK.
A lot of people I have spoken to since have been recommending Safeguard.

kernow

Unfortunately I don't own a property or on the electoral roll.I have a c/o address for post.I will be looking to get a quote from AIB insurance who have indicated they are providing full time cover.I have a container for various items,kayaks,work gear,etc.
It can certainly be a task getting insurance with the conditions these companies set.

Kernow, tell me about it! Lol
I used to be with NFU, and kick myself I changed companies, they used to accept a friendly caravan site as an address. (I had everything going there, DVLA etc) Year’s have moved on, and so have I.
Insurance is a nightmare as we all know!
I will start ringing round!
Any more suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks.,